Reply To: General Discussion of Transgender Issues


The Standards of Care were established so professionals (doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists) would have a guide in the treatment of transgender people transitioning genders.
You can download the Standards and read them. You then should find a psychologist in on your island and if they are not familiar with gender transition you can give them the Standards. The other advice is, make a plan. Don’t just leap into things. Read the Standards, and then look for the professionals you need to facilitate. Also have a plan for how to come out to family, friends, co-workers, etc. There is another thread on this Forum dedicated to transition questions. Check it out. Good luck!